Sunday 12 August 2012

Tigger - Fun and games

Regulars followers of the blog will remember Tigger. He was a resident cat here at the centre for only a few weeks then he was adopted. A lovely couple who have had many cats from us in the past, including a twenty-one year old offered him a new home. So off he went, bags packed and all! Here is the latest update on Tigger and his new family.

Dear all at Cats Protection,

Just a message to tell you all about our fun and games on Saturday, needless to say about Tigger. We got up, I let dog and other cats out, before feeding everyone. I then fixed the cat flap so it couldn't be used.  I had given Tigger his food and left the door open from room where he was. I also opened the window in there, all of about half an inch. Then we sat down to have coffee and toast. 

Next we hear a bang. That's right, a certain someone had pushed the window open and jumped out. So I down everything and go into the garden, no sign. I then find him wandering around just past the greenhouse, call him and he comes to me. He follows me in, at least until we got to the shed, it was then decided I'm going back where I came from. I came on in and after about 30mins. no sign, so Shaun goes off to look for him. 

After what seemed like ages, Shaun came in, took the harness and lead, said Tigger had somehow got into the field at the very bottom of the garden and didn't seem to know how to get back. Shaun walked along the road, down the track and into the field, put the lead on Tigger, lifted him over the fence, then tied him to a tree, so he could come back himself along the road. When he got him in, Tigger just crashed. 

Pleased to say though that he's been out a lot since, but stayed in the garden and every so often comes in to see me. At night though, or if I've gone out, then I shut him in. I'll do that until next week, when I'm certain he's alright. All good fun in this house.
                                                     
 Love, Sandy.   xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment