Tuesday 12 June 2012

Work Experience Student

Hello. My name is Chris and I spent 5 days working at Cats Protection for my Medina College work experience. I have an interest in animals and I believed that by volunteering at Cats Protection I can gain a deeper insight into both the workplace and working with animals. 
I have only recently adopted a beautiful cat from here called Nelly and I was really looking forward to finding out how it was made possible for me and hundreds of other people every year to adopt cats. 
The work people do at the centre is amazing, feeding the cats, cleaning their pens, vaccinating them, providing outstanding living conditions and more despite the large amount of cats they get every month. Personally feeding the cats was one of my favourite parts of the job. This is because the cats were always happy to see me due to the prospect of food and receiving affection.
The atmosphere itself at Cats Protection was also amazing, and the employees were more than happy to help when I was unsure or nervous about something. I was astonished by how much I was allowed to take part when the more serious situations arose. I was allowed to go out on calls to houses, help to administer flea and worm treatment, looking after the kittens and watching the vet apply medication to the cats. 
The entire experience has been brilliant and it’s been a pleasure to work in such a supportive environment. This also helped me to understand my own cat better and it was a brilliant week all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment